Done more to what was there last night.
- Toned down the rounded borders. 1px was stupidly unnoticable so I went with 2px. Like proof said it breaks that up a bit.
- Lightened up the background image, ZaGGeh mentioned that it was ahrd to see the "his int ews" bit of the logo. Looks clearer now.
- Added polls, videos and forum posts to the site and also cleaned up the formatting a little. Comments and posted by is now together at the bottom. Tags also look neater now.
- Text of a description now wraps around the image for the link/article/whateveritis
- Proof complained about the font for the "featured [___]" bit but someone else said they liked the courier font. I used courier because it wasn't too clear which font was in use on proofs design brief and aidorocks might be working away on something right now and he did mention that the font he'd used on one of the designs was courier. Change it to sans-serif or arial? Another?
Want to do:
- Figure out the best way of getting the TIN/TAN on the featured side bar. I tried to make them smaller but started failing and realised I was getting stuck on that instead of getting something looking like I've got now. My idea was to have miniture versions of them now somewhere, probably above the tags?
- Figure out the best kind of menu to use for the "All | Links | Pictures...." part as that was something someone mentioned about
I'm quite happy with how the polls worked out. Spent a bit of time getting that right and checking for stuff that breaks it. Might still break, not sure, but works ok for now (obviously it's not live stuff that works like voting but yeah).
Please post suggestions and constructive criticism!