promoted 9 years 2 months ago, posted 9 years 2 months ago
| 124 views
During a CBC interview about his shitty band, Billy Bob Thornton loses it. The ongoing fallout continues.
On April 8th, Billy bob Thornton decided to kick off his gay band's (The Boxmasters) Canadian tour with an interview on the CBC Radio show "Q," with host and former Moxy Fruvous member Jian Ghomeshi. During the interview, Jian dared to ask Billy Bob about his film career. Apparantly, Billy is used to dictating the terms of his interviews in teh US and had no idea that Canadian journalists still have a shred of integrity. Here's the interview:
Not content with merely making a fool of himself, BB proceeds to insult his Canadian audience, which is always a good idea when you're about to kick off a Canadian tour. Jian somehow manages to keep his cool and salvage something from this failure of an interview. The same day, the video was uploaded to YouTube (as BB should have expected), receiving over a million views thus far. But wait - it gets better.
After the whole fucking country heard BB make an ass of himself on CBC Radio, he opens his Canadian tour with his soon-to-be-former bandmates. As soon as the lights go down, the band is booed off stage. Within a day, the band announces that it is cancelling its Canadian tour, citing "the flu" as the reason. I guess "the flu" sounds better than "butthurtedness."
So what can we learn from this episode?
1. You can't dictate the terms of your interview here. That only works in the US. If you are thinking of trying that shit here, at least try to avoid doing it on a station that prides itself on journalistic integrity lest you end up coming off as a douchebag when the segment airs.
2. If you are going to start a band and piggyback off of your acting career, come clean about it. Don't try to sweep it under the rug by trying to prevent any mention of it. I mean, if I was BB, i'd try to play down my acting career too, but this went a little too far.
3. Never underestimate the number of Canadians who give a fuck about retarded shit. We may not show up at the polls when there's an election, but try to kick Ron Mclean off of Coach's Corner and the whole fucking nation shuts down in protest. Same thing applies here. BB won't be able to show his face in Canada for years now.
4. Nobody likes huge egos. I mean shit, how dare he compare himself to Tom Petty? This washed-up faggot pulls together some friends, phones in an album full of shit music that would feel corny in a fucking Nashville elevator, and then has the nards to compare himself to one of the most talented songwriters ever? Good luck trying to sell an album buddy. you might get a sympathy sale from Angelina Jolie, but that's about it.
5. This interview did the exact opposite of what BB expected. He thought he'd be plugging his band and maybe drumming up some ticket sales for his tour. Instead, he shot his already lame career in the foot, while propelling Jian Ghomeshi's equally pathetic career through the CBC stratosphere. Now over a million YouTube users know who Jian Ghomeshi is, and the same number of users now know that BB is a fucking prick.
So suck a dick Billy Bob. Take yoiur huge ego and your shitty band and GTFO. Don't let the igloo door hit you on the way.